1. Q: Why doesn’t your site ask me for my credit card information when I place an order from your website?
A: This website transmits your order from the Baha’i Distribution Service (BDS Canada) website to our order fulfilment agency, University of Toronto Press Distribution (UTP). At that time, you should receive an automated acknowledgement of your order, setting out your contact particulars and the items you have ordered.
You should then hear further from a customer service representative at UTP by email or telephone within about one business day, at which point you will receive an invoice indicating the cost of your order, including shipping and taxes, and then you may confirm your order by providing your credit card information.
2. Q: I don’t have a credit card or don’t want to use one for purchases. Can I send a cheque instead?
A: Because University of Toronto Press Distribution (UTP) charges and collects the total cost of your materials, shipping and taxes, it makes the decision about the methods of payment acceptable. Credit card payments are the easiest, but you could also ask about setting up an account, and you will probably be sent an application form for completion, and further information about how frequently statements are sent and are to be paid.
3. Q: How can I order materials if I don’t have access to the internet or don’t like to use a website to make orders?
A: You can phone UTP with your order at (416) 667-7791 or 1-800-565-9523. It is best if you have the ISBN for each book that you wish to order.
4. Q: When I order multiple copies of the Multifaith Calendar, why isn’t the discount for the quantity order shown on my automated copy of my order?
A: The discount for multiple copies of the Multifaith Calendar should show up on the invoice sent to you following your order and at the time you are asked for payment particulars. It is expressed in a percentage discount, but you should check it to ensure that you are receiving the proper discount in purchase price.
5. Q: How can I order a Baha’i burial ring?
A: Burial rings are not available for sale through UTP, and therefore not through the current version of our website and must be ordered by emailing us at BDS-Admin@cdnbnc.org, or by calling us at (905) 889-8168 or 1-800-465-3287. Please be sure to specify if your need is urgent!
6. Q: A number of people in my community would like books from your website. Can we combine an order?
A: Yes! You can register as a community representative by contacting us at BDS-Admin@cdnbnc.org, or by calling us at (905) 889-8168 or 1-800-465-3287 with your information. We will let UTP know that you are a community representative and then you can order for the community, have the shipment sent to you or a central address, which will likely save on shipping costs. You will assist members of community through your service of placing the order and ensuring that the books get to the purchasers, and a 10% discount will be applied to the book order. This discount applies to the purchase of burial rings ordered through BDS Canada.
7. Q: Our Spiritual Assembly would like to purchase a quantity of books for some or all of the community. Can we do so at a discounted rate?
A: Yes! A member of the Assembly in effect becomes a community representative by contacting us at BDS-Admin@cdnbnc.org, or by calling us at (905) 889-8168 or 1-800-465-3287 with your information. We will let UTP know that you are a community representative and have the shipment sent to you or a central address, which will likely save on shipping costs. A 10% discount will be applied to your order. This discount applies to the purchase of burial rings ordered through BDS Canada.